Welcome to Magen Israel Summer Camp, Great Neck’s largest and longest-running Jewish day camp. We’re committed to providing our campers with an exciting and wholesome summer experience in a safe, Torah atmosphere.
- Summer Camp Dates
- Summer Camp Pricing
- Teen Summer Program
- Register Online
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Information
Camp Dates Summer 2020
Our program runs for 8 weeks. We are located at Long Island Hebrew Academy (LIHA) in Great Neck, NY. Registration is available in weekly intervals.
|Week 1 (6/22 – 6/26)||Week 5 (7/20 – 7/24)|
|Week 2 (6/29 – 7/3)||Week 6 (7/27 – 7/31)|
|Week 3 (7/6 -7/10)||Week 7 (8/3 -8/7)|
|Week 4 (7/13 – 7/17)||Week 8 (8/10 – 8/14)|
Summer Camp Hours:
- Ages 3-6| 9:00am – 3:30pm (Fridays 9:00 – 1:45pm)
- Ages 7-11| 9:00am – 3:45pm (Fridays 9:00 – 2:00pm)
- Ages 12-14| 9:00am – 4:00pm (Fridays 9:00 – 2:00pm)
Location: 122 Cuttermill Road, Great Neck, NY 11023
Camp Pricing Summer 2020
Early bird rates are available until Thursday, May 30, 2020 on all registrations of four weeks or more. Early bird rates are not available for the teen divisions.
Registration Fee: $100 per family (non-refundable)
Izzy Kiddies Rates | Ages 3-6 (Entering Nursery-1st Grade):
*Campers must be toilet trained to join this program.
- 1-3 weeks: $300 per week
- 4-8 weeks: $285 per week
Izzy Girls and Yeshivacation Rates | Ages 7-11 (Entering 2nd-6th Grade):
- 1-3 weeks: $320 per week
- 4-8 weeks: $305 per week
Sibling Discount (only available on standard rates; sibling discounts do not apply to early-bird rates): Register two or more children for a minimum of four weeks and receive $30 off per week for each additional child.
Early Bird Discount
Register and prepay before May 30, 2020, for a minimum of 4 weeks.
Registration Fee: $100 per family (non-refundable).
- Izzy Kiddies (ages 3-6 | Entering Nursey-1st Grade): $265 per week
- Izzy Girls and Yeshivacation (ages 7-11 | Entering 2nd through 6th Grade): $285 per week
Early Bird Terms and Conditions:
- Registration must be submitted by Thursday, May 30, 2020, for Early Bird Rates to apply.
- Must be registered for a minimum of 4 weeks for early-bird rates to apply.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $100 per family is required with each application. Applications without registration fees will not be processed.
- Payment must be received in full by Thursday, May 30, 2020. Payment can be submitted in the form of cash, check, or credit card. Please make checks payable to Magen Israel. Checks may be postdated until June 21, 2020. Please note that a 4% service charge will apply for payments submitted by credit card.
- Early Bird cannot be combined with any other discounts. Sibling discounts do not apply to Early Bird rates.
Flash Deal on Door to Door Bus Service
Magen Israel Summer Camp is excited to offer Free door to door bus service for all campers registered by Thursday, March 26, 2020
- Must be registered by Thursday, March 26, 2020
- Minimum registration of 4 weeks required
- Limited to Great Neck residents only
- Restrictions may apply
Click here to learn more about our Teen Camp.
What ages does the camp service?
Our program is open for ages 3-14. We have 5 divisions:
- Izzy Kiddies: ages 3-6 (entering nursery-1st grade) Magen Israel only accepts children who are potty trained and have already attended a school program.
- Izzy Girls: Girls ages 7-11 (entering 2nd grade-6th grade)
- Yeshivacation: Boys ages 7-11 (entering 2nd grade-6th grade)
- M.I.T.: Boys Ages 12-14 (entering grades 7-9)
- Izzy Teens: Girls Ages 12-14 (entering grades 7-9)
Are you boys and girls separate?
Yes. The Izzy Kiddies division has separate bunks for boys and girls. The Izzy Girls and Yeshivacation divisions are completely separate and have entirely different schedules.
Do campers go swimming?
Yes. Izzy Kiddies visit the Kiddy Pool at Whitney Pond Pool. Izzy Girls and Yeshivacation have separate swim sessions at Whitney Pond Pool.
Do campers go on trips?
Yes. Izzy Kiddies have weekly trips. Izzy Girls and Yeshivacation have trips twice a week.
Do campers daven in camp?
Yes. Each division starts their day with tefilla followed by learning. Izzy Kiddies and Izzy Girls focus on the weekly Parsha and Jewish stories. Yeshivacation boys have 45 minute daily lessons in Mishnayot, Parsha, and Yahadut.
Is Lunch Included?
Yes. Our pricing includes lunch and snacks.
How many weeks do I need to register for?
Registration is available at weekly intervals. All discounts and deals only apply for registration of four weeks or more.
Do I need to choose a specific session when registering?
No. You can register for any weeks that you’d like.
Is your staff CPR certified?
Multiple members of our staff are certified in CPR and First Aid from the American Heart Association.
Do you offer bus service?
Pickup and drop off are available in Great Neck at an additional cost of $50 per child per week or $100 per family. Campers who register for a minimum of four weeks by March 26, 2020, are eligible for free door to door bus service.
Office Number: (516) 482-2305 | (516) 466-6862
About Magen Israel Summer Camp
With over two decades of service to the community, our summer camp has given hundreds of children a meaningful and thrilling summer experience over the years. Magen Israel enjoys a well-earned reputation as a trendsetter, with innovative ideas, creative programs, and new activities being introduced continuously.
Many a child has been known to wait all year to come back, from preschoolers to our senior division, children delight in the warm and spirited, Jewish atmosphere of Magen Israel. Our children enjoy a wide range of activities including swimming, sports, creative movement, arts & crafts, baking, and so much more.
From offsite trips to onsite entertainers, there’s never a dull moment. Torah learning is a predominant part of our week and our Yeshivacation program incorporates daily classes in in-depth Mishnayot, Chumash, and Gemara.
History of Camp Gan Israel
Founded in Ladispoli, Italy in 1989 with the blessing of the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Magen Israel Summer Camp (Originally Camp Gan Israel) has been dedicated to the singular purpose of providing every Jewish child with a positive and meaningful Jewish experience.
The summer camp moved to Kew Gardens in 1991, and from the handful of campers in Shaare Tovah to the 250 campers who attend our Great Neck Jewish summer camp today, Magen Israel has been a high point in the lives of the thousands of children who have walked through our doors each summer.
Click here to download the Staff Application form.