Welcome to Magen Israel Summer Camp, Great Neck’s largest and longest-running Jewish day camp. We’re committed to providing our campers with an exciting and wholesome summer experience in a safe, Torah atmosphere.
- Summer Camp Dates
- Summer Camp Pricing
- Summer Program
- Register Online
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Information
- Safety Measures for 2020
- Great Neck Teen Summer Program
Camp Dates Summer 2020
Our program runs for 8 weeks. Registration is available in monthly intervals.
Session 1: Monday, June 29, 2020, – Friday, July 24, 2020.
Session 2: Monday, July 26, 2020 – Friday, August 21, 2020.
|Week 1 (6/29 – 7/3)||Week 5 (7/27 – 7/31)|
|Week 2 (7/6 -7/10)||Week 6 (8/3 -8/7)|
|Week 3 (7/13 – 7/17)||Week 7 (8/10 – 8/14|
|Week 4 (7/20 – 7/24)||Week 8 (8/16 – 8/21)|
Summer Camp Hours:
- The hours for Ages 3-6 are 9:30am – 3:00pm (Fridays 9:30 – 1:45pm)
- The hours for Ages 7-11 are 9:30am – 3:00pm (Fridays 9:30 – 2:00pm)
- The hours for Ages 12-14 are 9:30am – 3:00pm (Fridays 9:30 – 2:00pm)
Camp Pricing Summer 2020
Early bird rates are available until Thursday, May 30, 2020 on all registrations of four weeks or more. Early bird rates are not available for the teen divisions.
Registration Fee: $100 per family (non-refundable)
Izzy Kiddies Rates | Ages 3-6 (Entering Nursery-1st Grade):
*Campers must be toilet trained to join this program.
- Session 1: $300 per a week
- Session 2: $300 per a week
- Whole Summer Discount: $285 per a week
Izzy Girls and Yeshivacation Rates | Ages 7-11 (Entering 2nd-6th Grade):
- Session 1: $320 per a week
- Session 2: $320 per a week
- Whole Summer Discount: $305 per a week
Sibling Discount (only available on standard rates; sibling discounts do not apply to early-bird rates): Register two or more children for a minimum of four weeks and receive $30 off per week for each additional child.
Bus service will be suspended for the duration of the summer, to prevent placing campers in a health compromised environment.
Click here to learn more about our Teen Camp.
Click the button below to register online.
What ages does the camp service?
Our program is open for ages 3-14. We have 5 divisions:
- Izzy Kiddies: ages 3-6 (entering nursery-1st grade) Magen Israel only accepts children who are potty trained and have already attended a school program.
- Izzy Girls: Girls ages 7-11 (entering 2nd grade-6th grade)
- Yeshivacation: Boys ages 7-11 (entering 2nd grade-6th grade)
- M.I.T.: Boys Ages 12-14 (entering grades 7-9)
- Izzy Teens: Girls Ages 12-14 (entering grades 7-9)
Are you boys and girls separate?
Yes. The Izzy Kiddies division has separate bunks for boys and girls. The Izzy Girls and Yeshivacation divisions are completely separate and have entirely different schedules.
Do campers daven in camp?
Yes. Each division starts their day with tefilla followed by learning. Izzy Kiddies and Izzy Girls focus on the weekly Parsha and Jewish stories. Yeshivacation boys have 45 minute daily lessons in Mishnayot, Parsha, and Yahadut.
Is Lunch Included?
In order to limit unnecessary interaction, lunch will not be provided or served. Campers are expected to arrive equipped with a home-packed lunch, full water bottle, and mask each day. Campers will receive individually packed snacks, daily.
How many weeks do I need to register for?
Registration is available at monthly intervals. All campers will be required to attend for a minimum of four consecutive weeks; i.e. either for the whole summer or alternatively for the first or second session.
Do I need to choose a specific session when registering?
Yes. Options include Session 1 (Monday, June 29, 2020, – Friday, July 24, 2020.) or Session 2 (Monday, July 26, 2020 – Friday, August 21, 2020.) Of course, one may choose to register their child for both sessions as well.
Is your staff CPR certified?
Multiple members of our staff are certified in CPR and First Aid from the American Heart Association.
Do you offer bus service?
Bus service will not be offered this year in order to prevent placing campers in a health compromised environment.
Office Number: (516) 591-2952
Whatsapp: (516) 482-2305
Contact Us Form
Safety Measures for 2020
What We’re doing to Keep Our Campers safe:
- All specialty staff will remain six feet apart from campers and staff at all times.
- Trips and outdoor activities of any kind will be CDC approved.
- Daily cleaning and multiple handwashing will be integrated into the schedule throughout the day.
- Parents are required to wear masks, and abide by social distancing upon entering the building.
- Campers will come equipped with a mask, home-packed lunch, and full water bottle, daily.
- Any snacks provided by the camp will be individually wrapped and sealed.
- No Busses
About Magen Israel Summer Camp
With over two decades of service to the community, our summer camp has given hundreds of children a meaningful and thrilling summer experience over the years. Magen Israel enjoys a well-earned reputation as a trendsetter, with innovative ideas, creative programs, and new activities being introduced continuously.
Many a child has been known to wait all year to come back, from preschoolers to our senior division, children delight in the warm and spirited, Jewish atmosphere of Magen Israel. Our children enjoy a wide range of activities including swimming, sports, creative movement, arts & crafts, baking, and so much more.
From offsite trips to onsite entertainers, there’s never a dull moment. Torah learning is a predominant part of our week and our Yeshivacation program incorporates daily classes in in-depth Mishnayot, Chumash, and Gemara.
History of Camp Gan Israel
Founded in Ladispoli, Italy in 1989 with the blessing of the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Magen Israel Summer Camp (Originally Camp Gan Israel) has been dedicated to the singular purpose of providing every Jewish child with a positive and meaningful Jewish experience.
The summer camp moved to Kew Gardens in 1991, and from the handful of campers in Shaare Tovah to the 250 campers who attend our Great Neck Jewish summer camp today, Magen Israel has been a high point in the lives of the thousands of children who have walked through our doors each summer.
Click here to download the Staff Application form.